Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"BERRY" EASY COBBLER



I LOVE this time of year!.... Well, at least because of all the wonderful organic produce selections, anyway. Fresh organic blueberries are very hard to find in this part of the country. So when I find them... I just go crazy!!!

I developed this recipe for a really easy and quick “berry cobbler.” You can actually use any fruit that YOU like. A long time ago, I used to make a dessert called Cherry Celeste. It was a sort of cobbler with tons of sugar and fat in it. So, I just took that old recipe and modified it to make it healthy... it’s got a little sugar in it (in the yellow cake mix) besides the Agave Nectar... but it won’t kill us, right?

Ok, so this is what you need! And as always...

I DO Organic as much as possible!

*about 1 cup of berries
*about 1.5 cups of strawberries, sliced
*one medium apple, cored and sliced
*1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
*Agave Nectar or not... I've made it w/o and the cobbler is still very sweet!
*Coconut Oil... flavored or unflavored
*Cinnamon
*Yellow cake mix

Preheat oven to 350. Toss all the fruit and nuts into a casserole dish. Drizzle Agave Nectar evenly all over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Now take about 2 to 4 T. of cake flour and sprinkle all over the top. Drizzle about ¼ cup of coconut oil all over the cake flour and finish off with a sprinkling of cinnamon.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes... or until it starts to bubble.

Serve warm in little ramekin dishes and pour just a little unsweetened almond milk over the top!

I know the cake flour is odd... but I’ve tried topping this with granola or grapenuts and they do ok.... but I really like the cake flour because it gives it an interesting texture.... and it reminds me of that sinfully DEE-licious Cherry Celeste I used to make!

Hope you enjoy this!!


Until Next Time......


GOOD HEALTH TO ALL!!





No comments:

Post a Comment