Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Starting the 2nd Week of Water Fasting

As this journey continues, I head into the 2nd week of my annual 21 day water-only fast. The past few days have been pretty much.... SHEAR HELL! H O T, burning ...stabbing pain in my lower back... specifically the SI joints...

radiating down into my hamstrings, calfs and bottoms of feet. This makes it unbelievably difficult to sit or lie down for more then 5 minutes. I stand and walk..... and walk.... and walk. No sleep in 3 days until last night when this phase of fasting has started to subside..... THANK GOD!!! This is all part of my fasting process... and does NOT happen to everyone.

In reading these posts.... please don’t think water fasting is all doom and gloom... vomiting... pain...sleepless days and nights with “goo” extruding from various body parts! After the first 7 to 10 days, most people start to feel wonderful... euphoric in a sense. You will see this later in my posts... I promise!

Last time I discussed the 3 phases of fasting, the different fuels the body uses while fasting, the difference between water-only fasting and "juicing" and other "detox/cleansing" programs, how the body cleanses and why it is so important to get plenty of rest and sleep during a water-only fast.

Your body shows you in so many ways how it is cleansing and healing itself. Dry skin cells form on top of the skin. A simple daily brushing of the body with a stiff bristle brush will sluff off these dead cells..... and as an added bonus..... will stimulate healing circulation throughout the body. There might be some "green goo" coming out of the navel....no alarm..... this is yeast of some sort and will at some point abate. Sometimes hunks of wax will collect in the ears...... like the goo.... kinda gross... but is of no harm. The sinuses will react by draining "gunk" from the nose & eyes. Lots of coughing & hacking. "Lovely"..... right? Aren't you so happy that I don't post pix?

The benefits of water fasting are just endless! I was absolutely blown away with my first fast of 29 days when 2 scars and 1 mole on my body.... just disappeared....poof..gone! The body not only uses glucose, glycogen and fat as fuel while fasting, it also feeds on itself by eating scare tissue from within. This explains why my scars disappeared and the mole just fell off. I could not believe it and would not have believed it had I not seen it!

I was also impressed with my blood pressure reading during fasting. My lowest was 92/68...WOW! I love giving my little heart some rest time! I am able to maintain an average of about 116/62 in my daily life!



Do you know that a blood pressure reading of 138/88 has 5 times a risk of a heart attack? Each one point reduction in diastolic will give you a 1% reduction in mortality. 200,000 people die annually of heart attacks and 700,000 leave this earth from strokes. These stats are found in numerous articles on the True North site.

I invite you to check out the 3 published studies done by Dr. Alan Goldhamer, Founder and Director of True North Health and Wellness Center in Santa Rosa, California, Dr Douglas Lisle, the Center's Psychologist & co-author along with Dr. Goldhamer of The Pleasure Trap, Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Author of The China Study, along with Banoo Parpia, PhD, & Scott V. Anderson, MD. The results are fascinating about the effects of water-only fasting has on hypertension and diabetes.

1. Medically Supervised Water-only Fasting in the Treatment of Hypertension

2.
Medically Supervised Water-Only Fasting in the
Treatment of Borderline Hypertension

3.
Initial Cost of Care Results in Medically Supervised Water-Only Fasting for Treating High Blood Pressure & Diabetes


Another great benefit from water-only fasting is ..... of course... the weight loss. I lost 50 lbs during my first fast five years ago. Just one of the many horrible side effects from popping all those steroids to “treat” my systemic lupus.

I hope you are enjoying (?) LOL! or maybe at least learning something about water-only fasting and how miraculous the body is in my journey posts.

Here’s to the start of another week!! Hang with me... and see what this week brings... I have a feeling.. it might just be a fabulous one!!
*****WATER-ONLY FASTING IS RECOMMENDED ONLY UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION*****

Until Next Time....

GOOD HEALTH TO ALL!!



2 comments:

  1. Water fasting is profound. My testimony via questionnaire is here, where I fasted at Tanglewood in 2003:

    http://www.tanglewoodwellnesscenter.com/testimonials/patg.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! I checked out Tanglewood back in 05... but they were moving somewhere in South America and then I found True North.... it was meant to be :-)

    I am grateful and thankful for TN because some of the most brilliant minds in the naturopathic industry work there. Dr ALan Goldhamer, director and founder of TN is internationally known as is Dr Douglas Lisle. I was fortunate enough to meet and hear Dr John McDougall speak at the center. I would never go anywhere else.

    So happy that your fasting experience was such a success!!

    ReplyDelete